Sunday, July 22, 2007

When are we old enough to do cool classy adult things? When I go home one of the things I look forward to is hanging out with my parents and some family friends. We go to the store after closing (for anyone reading this that doesn't know my family owns and runs a tobacconist selling the finest in cigars, pipes, and pipe tobacco) we provide the cigars and they bring a bottle of wine. They sit and talk for a couple of hours till the cigars are long since turned to ash and the bottle is empty. The conversation is light enough for me to be able to jump in and deep enough to be thought provoking. My question is, when am I old enough that I can get a group of friends together and invite them over for cigars and wine and not have people think I'm nuts. Maybe I'll have to try it anyway.

I'm going to be going to North Carolina in a day with my family. My sister has a horse show near Asheville and my parents at the last minute decided that maybe the rest of us could go up and watch her ride some, explore the area and get in a bit of a vacation while my sister works horses at the show. I'm excited becuase the area is beautiful. I remember briefly visiting the area many years ago and I'm looking forward to seeing it with fresh eyes. Right on the edge of the Appalachian mountains. It should be a good time, but I'll have to wait and see.

It is strange, this afternoon when I couldn't get to a computer I had all sorts of stuff in my head to write about, but now that I finally get to a computer I find myself with very little interesting to say. If nothing else maybe writing will become a bit more habitual for it. Anyway I need to sleep becuase it is already late and I have a lot to do before I leave tomorrow.

No comments: