Thursday, August 30, 2007

Back in the saddle

One of my classes was cancelled today and so I finally have some peace to sit at a computer. I haven't posted in a while, I am almost done with my first week of classes for the fall semester. Last week was fun, but very different from my usual routine. To start with I helped my little sister move into her dorm last Monday. That is going to be a weird transition. I have gone from having College Station to myself, to having to share it with my little sister. That and becuase of our relative proximities I have now replaced my dad as her go to guy to get stuff done. It isn't too bad though, she is pretty cool, for a freshman at least (just kidding), and I can mooch meal plans from her. The other change has been the new house. I have been living there all summer, but the house has been mostly empty, just Jason, Kyle and me. Now that everyone is in the house I think I am going to be forced to become social and outgoing or die trying. There were people over and something going on at our house almost every night last week. My introverted nature has been stretched to the limit by the extended socializing. I spent the weekend at a church retreat near Giddings. It was a lot of fun getting to play with all the kids, playing a brutal game of disc golf, hanging out with the older non-student members of the church. My classes this week have carried the promise of long nights and hard work as all of my classes seem to have kicked into a higher gear of difficulty. What ever happened to syllabus day, that magical first day that you got your syllabus, listened to the professor's introduction and got to leave early? My first day in my construction law class left me with a court case to research to discuss in class and a 2-3 page ethics paper. It seems all of my classes involve major projects. Such is the fate of the COSC student. I went and watched a movie with David at the newly married Amanda and Travis' apartment. It still seems strange to know a married couple my age. Married people have always been older than me, but I know that their wedding was just the tip of the iceberg. Who knows, perhaps I may find my way into a matrimonial state of mind in the not too distant future? That would involve a girlfriend and so that future is still fairly distant. I'm continuing to work for Brock at the Ag Engineering department around classes. A couple of hours after classes is all I have time for, but a little pocket cash always helps. I am looking forward to this weekends football game. Kurt and I woke up earlyish on Monday to pull tickets. We weren't at the front of the line, but I think we got pretty good seats. Top of the first deck, 40 yard line. High enough to see the entire field but low enough to hear the crack of the helmets. Anyway, I hope to write again soon on a more philosophical subject when I have more time.

No comments: